Many of our patients come to us by way of referral from a physician or therapist. We appreciate the enormous trust placed in us by these healthcare professionals. Our goal is to work effectively with them to find the best treatment approach and to allow them to continue to be involved in the patient’s care.
At Sovereign Health of Texas, our admissions process is designed to be smooth and straightforward so that patient’s can begin focusing on their treatment as soon as possible.
The Referral Process
- Identifying a referral. Healthcare professionals seeking to refer a patient to us can call our admissions team through our 24/7 helpline or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Collaboration. We work with healthcare professionals to build a patient file. We gather as much information as possible while following all HIPAA rules respecting the patient’s privacy.
- Intake. Our staff discusses consent forms with the patient, explaining to them that no information will be released without their signed authorization. Patients have the chance to fill out multiple consent forms depending on the number of people they want to be kept informed.
- Post-intake. Sovereign Health contacts the referring healthcare professional within three days after the patient enters treatment. We are aware that not all health professionals will choose to stay apprised of a patient’s progress.
- Referral coordinator. A referral coordinator will contact those healthcare professionals who do choose to stay informed about their patient’s progress. Sovereign Health and the referent can then establish guidelines about the frequency and nature of patient updates.
- Discharge planning. We offer patient’s who successfully complete treatment a year of continuing care services. We encourage healthcare professionals to integrate continuing care into the patient’s post-treatment regimen.
At Sovereign Health of Texas we are dedicated to making the admissions process as smooth and efficient as possible so that our patients can focus on the treatment they are seeking for addiction, mental illness and dual diagnosis or co-occurring conditions. For more information or to begin the referral process, please call our 24/7 helpline.