The addiction treatment teams at our Sovereign Health of El Paso, TX, facility is a multidisciplinary group of medical and nonmedical professionals. Their expertise lies in treating substance abuse and dual diagnosis, and providing detox.
The addiction treatment team varies slightly according to individual patient’s needs and level of care, but our expert team typically includes many or all of the following:
Detox Treatment Teams
- Medical doctors: Our board-certified physicians complete a thorough history, physical examination and any tests necessary to determine a patient’s physical condition. Appropriate medications and monitoring directions are prescribed in collaboration with our psychiatrists.
- Psychiatrists: Our psychiatrists specialize in addiction medicine and evaluate our patients from a psychiatric perspective. They are also available for crisis intervention when necessary. Medications to ease anxiety and stabilize mood through the detox process may be prescribed in collaboration with our medical doctors.
- Licensed nurses: Our licensed nurses monitor our patients’ vital signs and withdrawal symptoms if they are going through the detox process. They also obtain laboratory samples, insert intravenous catheters, administer prescribed medications, and communicate directly with our physicians.
- Psychologists: Our licensed psychologists work one-on-one with patients to ensure accurate diagnosis of all conditions, including co-occurring disorders. Our psychologists play a therapeutic role with our patients and help guide our treatment team in meeting each individual patient’s goals and needs.
- Psychotherapists: Our therapists facilitate talk therapy with patients, groups and families. Many have specialty areas of expertise. Patients are matched up with therapists who can best address their specific condition and circumstances.
- Counselors: Our licensed mental health and substance abuse counselors assist patients in understanding the nature of mental illness and addiction and how to live with these conditions successfully.
- Case managers: Our case managers facilitate communication between team members and our patients, and ensure the quality and continuity of care in our treatment programs.
- Patient advocates: Our patient advocates function as a liaison between patients and their families as well as members of the treatment team. Our patient advocates also help communicate patients’ wishes and needs and handles their critical issues so that they can focus on getting well.
- Registered dieticians: Our registered dieticians assess each of our patients’ histories, current conditions, medications, food preferences, lifestyle habits and other factors to assist them with food choices that will improve their nutritional status, health, well-being and quality of life. Our dieticians also consult with our personal chef to ensure that each patient has meals that meet his or her dietary requirements and preferences.
- House managers: Our house managers provide supervision to patients while they are in residential housing. House managers coordinate transportation, individual treatments schedules, meals, and communicate directly with treatment team members.
- Ancillary staff: Our ancillary staff provides many different types of supportive services to our patients and their families.
Who We Serve
Sovereign Health of El Paso, TX, accept male and female patients over the age of 18. For more information about our addiction treatment plans or any of our specialized programs, please call our 24/7 helpline.